Harnesses made specifically for amputee dogs don’t exist (yet!). But we’ve found three that do a pawesome job meeting the needs of Tripawd dogs of all sizes:
- The Webmaster and Flagline by Ruff Wear. Great all-purpose harness for post-op assistance and getting around after recovery.
- The Pet Support Suit and Get-a-Grip by Animal Suspension Technologies. An sturdy mobility aid for physically-challenged, less ambulatory dogs.
- and last but not least, the topic of today’s post, The Tripawd Convert Harness by EzyDog.
IMPORTANT UPDATE about Front-leg amputee dogs: As of 2019, the Flagline Harness is now our best harness for front-leg amputee dogs. The Convert is still a great walking harness for many Tripawds, but no harness is 100% perfect on an amputee. Many have a tendency to rotate because there is no second front leg to keep it in place. Proper sizing and fitting is important with any harness but especially the Convert. Always measure carefully before ordering. Contact us with any questions.
Get Moving with the Convert Harness by EzyDog
Here’s why we love The Convert Harness for three-legged dogs:
- It’s an ideal walking harness for front or rear-limb amputees.
- The one-buckle system makes for fast and easy on-and-off use
- There’s no stepping into or out of it; just place it over your dog’s head, buckle and go
And of course it makes Tripawds look quite snazzy and official, don’t you think?!
The Tripawd Convert Harness is tested and approved by Tripawds Spokesdog Wyatt Ray, read more about why we love it for active three-legged dogs like him:
If you’ve purchased a Convert Harness, drop us a line and let us know what you think about it!