The FitPAWS Peanut Stability Ball is an ideal tool to help your three legged dog develop core muscle strength and maintain strong balance techniques. Why is this important? Because . . .
Building strong core muscles and balance will help your Tripawd get strong, longer walks won’t.
The heavy-duty PVC material is formulated for use with dogs, provides superior gripping and resists damage caused by dog nails.
Before jumping on gear like the Peanut, we recommend finding a professional certified canine rehabilitation specialist (look for the initials “CCRP” or “CCRT” after their name).
A professional can help you develop a training plan that you and your Tripawd can do at home. Once you have one, here’s how easy it is to use gear like the Peanut:
Inflating it is easy, the process isn’t as intimidating as it looks. Here’s a video that shows how:
Learn how the FitPAWS Peanut can help your Tripawd, in these previous Tripawds posts:
- Tripawds Gear Blog: Why Longer Walks Won’t Strengthen a Tripawds Leg Muscles
- Tripawds Gear Blog: Where Do I Begin with Doggie Physical Therapy?
- Tripawds News Blog: Dog Rehab Therapy Helps Tripawds Beat the Odds
- Tripawds News Blog: Rear Leg Workouts for Lucy
- Tripawds News Blog: Canine Acupuncture and Rehabilitation Therapy Tips for Tripawds
- Tripawds Downloads: Build Your Own Buja Board for Core Strengthening
NOTE: We are not veterinarians. All information provided here is based only on our own experiences caring for Jerry and Wyatt, and the experiences of other Tripawds members. Please consult your vet or do further research before implementing any new fitness regimen into your dog’s treatment plan.